The differences between modulated electro-hyperthermia (mEHT) and other hyperthermia devices
What is the differences
modulated electro-hyperthermia (mEHT)
and other hyperthermia devices?
- In the molecular level, mEHT acts on the special apoptosis (immunogenic cell-death).( http://www.nature.com/articles/cddiscovery201639).
- The other capacitive devices are heating the target in a homogenous manner, while oncothermia heats only the malignant cells. This shows that the water-bath treatment and capacitive treatments are producing apoptosis on the equal amount, while mEHT induces significantly more (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27556507).
- Other capacitive devices do not make tumor-specific immune reactions, while mEHT does when non-specific immune-stimuli is applied (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25242303).
- Rechallenging the same tumor which was eliminated cannot be done, the animal becomes resistant to the same tumor (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26472466).
- mEHT targets the malignant cells and the extrinsic apoptotic pathways (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24973890), while other capacitive treatments are focusing with the sizes of the electrodes, heating the layer where the tumor is located.
- mEHT has a large monography (Springer Scientific, http://www.springer.com/gp/book/9789048194971), which summarizes its effects on 560 pages.
- When mEHT is presented, all the statements are proven with publications and serious research. Other capacitive hyperthermia tries to tell that they do the same as mEHT, but with lack of proofs.
- Our research team is working together numerous universities to improve the method, and upgrading the possibilities for its users permanently.
- Our method has a special open-access journal (www.oncothermia-journal.com, ISSN 2191-6438), to inform our users about the latest results, and giving the possibility for sharing these within the users in 32 countries, more than 450 installations.
- Our team is ready to provide you upon request more detailed info about the specialties and results of the mEHT method.