ESHO 2019- 33rd Annual Meeting of the European Society for Hyperthermic Oncology ConferenceOfficial website of the conference
May was the month of the 33rd Annual Meeting of the European Society for Hyperthermic Oncology Conference (ESHO 2019). The conference was held in Warsaw, Poland at the Warsaw Plaza Hotel 22-25 May, 2019. Oncotherm participated at the conference.
More than 50 hyperthermia related lectures were presented by professional oncologists. The following presentations’ topic was Oncothermia:
- A. Szasz: Immune-effects with local hyperthermia
- S. Van Gool: Can we monitor Immunogenic Cell Death (ICD) induced with modulated electrohyperthermia and oncolytic virus injections?
- P. Hamar: Differential effects of modulated electro-hyperthermia on slow and fast progressing triple negative breast cancers and the effects of treatment protocol
- O. Szasz: Molecular basis of modulated electro-hyperthermia combination with radio- and chemo-therapies
- G. Fórika: Elevated apoptosis and tumor stem cell destruction in a radioresistant pancreatic adenocarcinoma cell line when radiotherapy is combined with modulated electro-hyperthermia
- C. Minnaar: Effects of modulated electro-hyperthermia on disease control and 3 year disease-free survival in locally advanced cervical cancer patients: Preliminary results
- S. Van Gool: Modulated electrohyperthermia as part of immunogenic cell death treatment in pediatric neuro-oncology
- A. Karaszi: Modulated electro-hyperthermia as additional treatment option in oncology - feasibility study on quality-of-life, imaging and biomarkers to support treatment planning
- T. Vancsik: Modulated electro-hyperthermia promotes doxorubicin cytotoxicity in a C26 colorectal carcinoma cell line model
- C. Schvarcz: Short term treatment with modulated electro-hyperthermia in triple negative breast cancer bearing mice
- L. Danics: Repeated treatment with modulated electro-hyperthermia inhibits tumor growth in a triple negative mouse breast cancer mode
Special congratulation to Dr. Carrie Minnaar, who won the ESHO Young Investigator Award and we wish her more success in her job.