Effective Date: 05/04/2018
There are many different ways that you can use our services – to request information (example: request offer, device; require medical knowledge or information; …), to communicate with other people (example: doctors, users, …) or to create new content (example: articles, technical documentation…). When you share information with us, for example by sending us an email, we can fulfill your request– by answering your question or connecting you to a person or entity (for example: clinic) capable to answer your question in a professional way. As you use our services, we want you to be clear how we’re using information and the ways in which you can protect your privacy.
- What information we collect and why we collect it.
- How we use that information.
- The choices we offer, including how to access and update information.
We’ve tried to keep it as simple as possible, but if you’re not familiar with terms, such as cookies, IP addresses, medical records, publications, then read about these key terms first. Your privacy matters to Oncotherm, so whether you are new to Oncotherm or a long-time user, please do take the time to get to know our practices – and if you have any questions, contact us.
Information that we collect
We collect information to provide better services to all of our users (customers, doctors, distributors, patients…) – from figuring out basic stuff like which language you speak, to more complex things like which devices you are using, what kind of medical advice you need, or which newsletter topics you might like.
We collect information in the following ways:
- Information you give us. For example during meetings (conference, training…) you give us name card. When you do, we get information, like your name, workplace, address, email address or telephone number to store with your account.
- Information we get from your use of our services. We collect information about the services that you use and how you use them, like when you login to the device, visit our website that. This information could include:
- Device information: we collect device-specific information (such as your oncotherm device parameters, time of login, usage information, different state changes of the device.
- Log information: when you use our services or view content provided by Oncotherm, we automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This includes: details of how you used our service, such as your treatment commands; device event information, such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, the date and time of your request; cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
- Unique application numbers: certain services include a unique application number. This number and information about your installation (for example the operating system type and application version number, serial number of your device) may be sent to Oncotherm when you use our services or when that service periodically contacts our servers, such as for automatic log sending.
- Local storage: we collect and store information (including personal information) locally on your device using databases to store login details, patient information treated on the device.
Information we collect when you are using Oncotherm services, in addition to information we obtain about you from partners, like distributors, will be treated as personal information.
How we use information that we collect
We use the information we collect from all of our services to provide, maintain, protect and improve them, to develop new ones and to protect Oncotherm and our users and patients. We also use this information to make statistics about the possible medical results, which is by law required.
When you contact Oncotherm, we keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing. We may use your email address to inform you about our services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements.
Oncotherm processes personal information on our servers in some countries located in Europe. We may process your personal information on a server located outside the country where you live.
Information that you share
Some of our services (clinic information, publications, research works) let you share information with others. Remember that when you share information publicly, it may be indexable by search engines, like Oncotherm. Our services provide you with different options on sharing and removing your content.
Accessing and updating your personal information
Whenever you use our services, we provide you with access to your personal information. If that information is wrong, we give you possibility to update it quickly or to delete it – unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes.
We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, after you delete information from our services, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.
Information that we share
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of Oncotherm unless one of the following circumstances applies:
- With your consent: we will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside Oncotherm when we have your consent to do so. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- For legal reasons: we will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside Oncotherm if we have a belief in good faith that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Oncotherm, our users or the public, as required or permitted by law.
We may share non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners – like publishers,, distributors, journals. For example we may share information publicly to show trends about our result in the medical field.
We work hard to protect Oncotherm and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information that we hold. In particular:
- We encrypt many of our services using SSL or AES.
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
- We restrict access to personal information to Oncotherm employees, contractors, distributors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations. They may be disciplined or their contract terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
Compliance and cooperation with regulatory authorities
Specific product practices
The following notices explain specific privacy practices with respect to certain Oncotherm products and services that you may use:
- EHY series (100, 1000, 2000, 3000)